Accurate valuations are critical to the financial health of your business. For strategy planning, favorable tax outcomes, or realizing maximum value in a sale of your business or business assets, valuations provide the critical data needed for making the best decisions.
At Valentiam, our certified business valuation appraisers have decades of experience in providing valuation, property tax, and transfer pricing guidance to some of the world’s largest companies. In addition, we’ve successfully represented Fortune 100 companies and many others in state and federal administrative and court proceedings.
Our team of certified business appraisers and valuation, tax, and transfer pricing experts includes:
- Carl Hoemke, ASA: Mr. Hoemke is one of our partners and serves as our Valuation Service Practice Leader. Carl is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) as certified by the American Society of Appraisers. He has 30 years of experience in valuation, property tax, and technology disciplines. In addition, Carl has served as an expert witness in many court cases—including several involving Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to his work with Valentiam, Carl served as a National Tax Partner for Ernst & Young and founded both the Property Tax and Tax Technology practices for Duff & Phelps. Carl has also led valuation and tax groups within Standard & Poor’s CVC, Duff & Phelps, and Economics Partners.
- Dr. Clark Chandler, Ph.D.: Dr. Chandler earned his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Michigan and has worked as an applied economist since 1978. He has published numerous studies that have been used in Advanced Pricing Agreements (APAs) and in Competent Authority negotiations. He has 35 years of experience in transfer pricing analysis and has assisted taxpayers in audits and appeals, in addition to providing expert testimony in Tax Court.
Clark has worked with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and various other tax authorities, both in evaluating the transfer pricing of specific taxpayers and in developing general positions, as well as in providing training in the field.
- Dan Peters: Mr. Peters has practiced transfer pricing and tax valuation since 1993. He founded and now serves as Managing Partner of the Valentiam Group. He previously served as a partner at KPMG, practicing in both the U.S. and the U.K., leading the firm’s Economic Valuation Services and Global Transfer Pricing Services practices. Dan has also served as the leader of Duff & Phelps’ Financial Advisory segment. He is consistently ranked among the “Best of the Best – US” by International Tax Review.
- Alfonso Porras, JD, MBA: Mr. Porras has practiced in the ad valorem field since 2006, and has performed appraisal and valuation work on complex industrial properties as well as properties in the energy, communications, and transportation industries. He has served as general counsel for an engineering firm, representing the firm in valuation disputes regarding refineries, power plants, and other complex properties. Alfonso also served as Sr. Director of Property Tax for CenturyLink, Inc. prior to joining the Valentiam Group.
- Thomas Coffey: Mr. Coffey is a Director for the Valentiam Group, with over 10 years of experience in valuation in the telecommunications, retail and manufacturing, transportation and logistics, healthcare, financial services, and consumer products fields. Prior to joining Valentiam, he worked in the Valuation Group at Ernst & Young, preparing valuations for a variety of financial reporting, tax, and strategic purposes.
As a team, the certified business valuation appraisers at Valentiam have experience in all aspects of business valuation; we can handle your company’s needs, too.
Certified Business Appraisers Dedicated To Serving Your Company’s Unique Needs
Whatever the circumstances, Valentiam has the expertise to provide accurate and defensible valuations for your business assets and transfer pricing needs. We are a specialty firm, dedicated entirely to transfer pricing and valuation matters, focused on customer service and building strong relationships. Our low overhead operating model allows us to deliver results efficiently. We also have extensive experience in dispute resolution, and have provided expert testimony in many cases involving litigation. Get in touch to learn more about our business appraisal services.